Child of God Christmas Ornament Tutorial
Today I’m showing you how to make these adorable ‘Child of God’ Christmas Ornaments for the Primary children in your ward. They are simple and cheap to make and oh so cute!
Here is the Christmas Party Decorating Ideas that I shared last year including a picture of the ornaments. Check it out for more fun ideas.
- 1″ tiles from hardware store (I got mine at Home Depot)
- Vinyl (color of choice) and Vinyl Cutting machine (I have a Silhouette)
- x-acto knife
- Ribbon to match Vinyl
- felt scraps
- Hot glue gun
- Other: Vinyl transfer paper, pin for removing vinyl, card for applying vinyl
The little square tiles come in a 36 pack. Flip the tile face down and carefully cut the tiles apart with your x-acto knife, getting as much of the glue off as possible.
Cut your vinyl out and use transfer paper to attach it to the front of your tile. Use a Card to press the vinyl down smoothly. **Here is my Silhouette File for the “Child of God” cut out. You must have the silhouette software to open this file.
Then remove the transfer paper and it will look like this…
Slowly start to peel back your vinyl, using a pin to help get any tough parts.
Use the pin to then remove the insides of letters.
Turn tile over and attach ribbon loop using hot glue gun.
Then cut a piece of felt the size of the tile and attach to the back using hot glue.
And that’s it!!
Just look at how cute these ornaments are…
We hung ours on a Christmas Tree at our Ward (Church) Christmas Party. After the kids met Santa they got to pick an ornament off the tree.
Check out all the fun Linky Parties I’ve linked up to!
Latest posts by Taya (see all)
- Star Tip Character Cakes Made Easy - January 20, 2023
- DIY Work Bench Tutorial - January 12, 2021
- UPDATED – DIY Fitted Face Mask Tutorial & Pattern - June 11, 2020