I made the cutest Valentine Wall Hanging last year and got to hang it up this year to add a cute Holiday Décor to my home. I put together a little tutorial to inspire you! I hope you get a chance to make one. Aren’t they cute!
*You can use any colors you like or that would look best in your house!
Valentine Wall Hanging Tutorial:
- 4 Wood Heart Cutouts (Check your local craft store, I got mine at Hobby Lobby $1.99 each)
- Craft Paint (I used a baby pink and light grey, I also used some spray primer first so I wouldn’t have to do so many coats)
- Paint brush (I just used a small foam brush)
- Vinyl cutting machine and vinyl (You could also use paint and letter stencils to paint the words on instead)
- Hot Glue gun/Hot glue
1. First you are going to paint your wood hearts. I started by spraying them with primer. Let them dry and then hand painted them with craft paint and a foam brush. It took 2 coats for good coverage. I put my pieces on little 1″x1″ blocks to keep the wet edges from touching the ground while they dry.
2. Once dry, cut out your vinyl and apply it to the hearts. I used my silhouette to cut out white Vinyl using the font “Pooh” (as in Winnie the Pooh) and font size about “157”
3. Finally hot glue a strand of ribbon to the back of the hearts, spacing them evenly. Leave some extra ribbon at the top and glue a bow at the top. Now hang on the wall and admire your adorable new Valentine Decoration!!
Don’t forget to check out all our other fun Valentine Ideas…. Just click on the pictures…
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to check out all the fun Linky Parties I’ve linked up to!