Fall is the perfect time of year to throw some Chili in the Crockpot for dinner! It’s easy, delicious and healthy! My Crockpot Chili has won the “Best Chili Award” at our ward Trunk or Treat party. So give it a try, it is perfect for putting in the crockpot on a Sunday morning before heading off to church. You’ll come home to a yummy smelling house and a delicious meal! Let me know what you think! I plan on taking it again to our ward’s Chili cook-off, I’ll let you know if it wins again:) Enjoy!
- 1 lbs. ground Beef or Turkey (or 1-1/2 lbs if not using sausage)
- 1/2 lb. Sausage (optional)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 3 sticks Celery, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 2 cans diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 small can diced Green Chilies
- 1 can Corn
- 1 Chili Seasoning package
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Salsa (I use the Costco brand)
- 1 tbsp. Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1. Brown meats, onion and garlic in a pan on the stove until done. Drain any juices.
- 2. Put in Crockpot, add all other ingredients and stir together. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
*Tastes great on top of a baked potato, with cheese and sour cream on top. Or eat it with some Frito Scoops! Add some cornbread to the side and you are set!
Click HERE to see all the fun Linky Parties I Link up to!
– Happy Fall, Taya