These Enchiladas are so yummy and smothered in a delicious sour cream sauce and melted cheese! The combination of Cilantro Lime Rice with Cheesy Green Chile Chicken on the inside and a creamy sour cream chile and cheese topping make these Enchiladas irresistible! Great dinner idea just add a side salad and you’re set! Add to your meal plan this week and let me know what you think!
- 16 Soft Tortillas
- 1 – 19oz. can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken shredded (3-4 cups shredded Chicken)
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1/4 bunch of Cilantro
- 6 tbs. Butter
- 6 tbs. Flour
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- 1 – 4oz. can chopped Green Chiles
- 2 cups shredded Cheese (for top) – use more if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook rice per instructions till done. Mix in lime and chopped up cilantro. Set aside.
- Whisk butter and flour together over med heat till thick and blended. Add chicken broth while mixing, cook till thickened. Remove from stove, add sour cream and 4 oz. green chilies.
- At the same time-heat green enchilada sauce and shredded chicken in a pot on the stove. Remove from stove and add 2 cups cheese, stir till melted.
- Spray 2 – 9×13 pans with cooking spray(like Pam). Then build your enchiladas, put in a layer of rice, chicken mixture in your tortillas. Roll up and place in pan (about 8 in each)
- Once pans are full, pour sour cream/chicken broth mixture on top – dividing evenly between the 2 pans. Make sure to spread it evenly over all the tortillas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Then move to the top rack and broil for a few minutes or until cheese starts to brown and bubble.
Layering rice and chicken mixtures…
I use the giant soft tortillas from Costco. Fold the short sides first.
Then roll up one side and tuck it in while rolling up into a burrito shape.
Once all your Enchiladas are in the pan (you can put six side by side and 2 at the bottom if needed), cover with cream sauce and cheese, then bake.
Hope you enjoy this Enchilada Recipe! For other great recipes and craft subscribe to our newsletter and check out these other yummy recipes…
You Might Also Like: